Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Well, obviously I DO need stitch markers

So I was working on a pair of socks last night. The instructions read, "pattern is done twice on each needle or 6 times total" OK, simple enough. I don't need no stinkin' stitch markers to remind me that I need to do it twice. The first part of the pattern went off splendidly. Looked just like the picture. Weee! This is going SO well. So then I start the second part of the pattern. It just wasn't looking right. Hmmm? OK, don't fuss with it. Trust the pattern. It will probably take a few rows before the pattern immerges. No sweat. Keep on knitting. I finish the second part of the pattern. It does NOT look right. It doesn't look bad, just not right. Then the V-8 hand comes and slaps me upside the forehead! I forgot to repeat the pattern twice on each needle. I was incorporating it into one needle (which actualy worked and I may look into doing something like it in the future, but it wasn't THIS pattern.) And of course it is lace. And of course I left no life lines and really suck at inserting life lines despite watching the video at Knitting Help. So I frogged yet another thing. But now I have it all cast on, the first section restarted and there are stitch markers to remind me that I have to do the repeat twice.

So use stitch markers and life lines. One would think after knitting as long as I have that I would know better. Bwahahahahaha!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Funny how we lways think we can manage isn't it. The times I wish I'd used a lifeline, and do I learn.........never!