Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Yarn

I just got in this LOVELY yarn from an etsy shop ( Handspun and Dyed Too). It is scrumptuously soft and squishy!! I'm having a hard time coming up with a pattern (socks) for each of them. I'm thinking something nautical or ocean-y for the blue/green and something lacy maybe for the pink/orange.

Doesn't it just scream cotton candy, sunset, fluffy clouds in front of the sun? It really needs something girly and sweet and lacy, right?

See why I'm thinking something oceany? My son thinks that it looks like seaweed in the ocean. It was the first thing he said when he saw it. I like that thought.

Leave a comment if you can think of a nice pattern. If I use one of your patterns I send you a set of row markers.

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

The first one might look nice in the Kaylee pattern I just made.

Here's the pattern:
http://momma-monkey.com/2007/08/07/introducing-kaylee-2/

Here's a link to my version, which is more like what that yarn would look like:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunasak/1265951335/

The second yarn would look good as a tidal wave sock--they yarn in the picture is even similar:

http://www.soysilk.com/mrcfiles/mrc-patterns/tofutsies-patterns/tofutsies-tidalwave.pdf

Don't mind me. I just like to match sock patterns to yarn.

Jackie said...

I have ordered something similar colour to your second sock yarn, thats right, the green frm www.yarnandfiber.com for my 3rd pair of sock.

So, how about the Monkey by Cookie A ?