Monday, September 17, 2007

Frog Frog Frog Frog Frog

(No not reptilians. Any knitter who has knit more than 1 item should know that to frog something means to "rippit" out. I bought this very pretty Lion Brand wool a while back in the clearance bin at Michael's. Bought all they had as it is feltable and was $2 a ball. So I started knitting a bag to felt with it, but decided that it wasn't the right colors for a bag. FROG Out it came. Bleh! So then I found Silver's Palindrome Scarf which is very lovely and I've seen it done in both solid colors and in a wide variety of colorways. FROG Out that came too. TWICE! I didn't like the way the color was pooling, so pulled it out and added another set of cables to the width hoping it would A) make it a tad wider and B) get rid of the icky pooling. Nope. Didn't help. Actually made it worse.



I keep buying all this pretty yarn that I can't find the right patterns for. So it is going back in the stash for another day. I wish I could store my yarn like my friend Suna does, but because of this:

Uh, that would be Jack the demon possessed devil kitty, not Boo, the cute kid) My stash must be securely sequestered away in cat-proof plastic containers. I keep looking for extra opposable thumbs on this cat, but he is not a polydactyl cat despite his ability to even get yarn out of my knitting tote with the cinch closed top! Although that picture was taken over a year ago when Jack was still little and cute and adorable and forgivable because he was a kitten. He's no longer, well, he's no longer little, but he is still cute and adorable and I do forgive him.

1 comment:

Heartsapocolypse said...

I have a "Jack the devil possesed kitty" of my own whose name is just Kitten but probably thinks her name is "Kitten, NO!". I have to sneak knitting time when she is outside or asleep... Beautiful Boo and kitty!