Friday, February 15, 2008

Pomatotmus Socks and MagKnits Review for January



Yep, they are done. I almost loathed making the second sock. Partly because I had to rip it out 3 times. Not the first sock. No. That went together without any problems at all. It was that stupid second sock! I truly need to sit down with the new two-socks-at-one-time-on-one-long-circular-needle book I just bought and just force myself to learn how to do that. Maybe after I get Jaywalking off the needles. I'm a third finished with the first sock which I'm doing with the new Noro sock yarn I bougth in Portland. Here's a peek:



The Review as Promised
Starting with Bliss which is a small blanket. It's pretyt and I think it is a darling small afghan, but I don't do afghans. Maybe if my brother were to produce me another niece or nephew I might maybe perhaps make something like this. It's listed as Intermediate, but I think that is a bit harsh. I don't think it is tres simple, but more brain power needed than just knit knit knit.

While I think that J.D. is a lovely sweater it still isn't something I would want to knit. It still doesn't have enough needle interest in it for me. Although I love the play of the houndstooth in blue and white and inconsistant throughout.

I like it when designers turn things on their sides and give you a diffrent perspective to knitting. I think that is why I am taken with Lucy. It's a nice lacy cap that is knit from side to side rather than bottom to top as most wooly hats are. Being purple helps as well. Definitely in my list of things to make (one day).

Emily has been looking for an interesting hand warmer to use for the lovely silk and tenceal yarn she bought in Portland. Evangeline may just be it. I like both the short and long versions, but think she may only have enough for the shorter version. This lovely likke cabled pattern is fun and interesting. But then I do love cables.

Orno Abaci is a nice simple geeky scarf pattern. Unfortunately the main geek in my life wouldn't wear a scarf.

Now this is fun! But then I like color work, so I'm drawn to Stranded. I like how al the different patterns are put together and it doesn't look overly busy. Wouldn't it be lovely in purple and buttercup yellow?

That's it until next month's issue (which hopefully will be out in a day or two!)

No comments: