Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Answering Suna with a post

Because I can't do links as nicely in a comment.

Well, considering that this book was originally written in Scandinavian (of some sort) I figured I'd run into something weird. Now that I've got a few good repeats going I don't even look at the pattern anymore (I love cables for that) I just look down and go, "Oh this line has to cross over this one now." And I remember that *generally* with basic cables all knits are always knit on the front and all purls are always purled on the front (and likewise for the back). I'm planning on getting more of her books as I really like the styles. Many of theme seem like they would be flattering to my odd-shaped body, especially the sweaters that have little gores set into them for a bit of a flare (over my flaring hips!) I'm especially taken with the sweater on this page It's so full of texture and wouldn't make my hips feel too snug. However, I can't seem to find the pattern in any of her books. It seems currently only available through her Scandinavian kit for the sweater. But she does have other sweaters similar.

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

Oh yeah, isn't that a cool sweater? I just have two of her books, from the Enchanted Garden collection, but I like so many of the patterns in them that they were a wortwhile investment, I think.

The one I made looks really good on me, a basic t-shirt style in Hempathy. Maybe it's my Scandinavian heritage--I AM a quarter Swedish!